long e - short i sounds

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 21 20:33:03 UTC 2009

I'm checking audiopal.com text-to-speech to see if it recognizes "t" issues, such as glottal stops and ~d for ~t substitutions for USA accent.  The words are below.

The little bottle of butter is better.  What is that?  What.  That. Bottle. Bottle.  Butter.  Better.  Pretty City.  Pretty.  City.

Click Here to pickup your AudioPal code

http://www.audiopal.com/grab_your_widget.html?mId=31553219.2

You can hear many ~d for ~t substitutions.  The only glottal stop was after "that" in the sentence.  But for singular "That" it's a good ending ~t.  Sounds like standard USA accent to me.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling