OT:Heard on American Dad: daughter Hayley singing a song about...

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 6 16:03:44 UTC 2010

There seems to be plenty of jesting going around, it seems. A rest stop
may or may not be a place for rest, but it is most certainly a place to
stop. The problem is that quite a number of "rest areas" are not
equipped with appropriate facilities. Some, in fact, are not equipped
with /any/ facilities. So "rest stop" and "rest area" are by no means
synonymous with the respective sanitation facilities, although they may
well be used as euphemisms, on occasion.

Speaking of sanitation facilities, has anyone looked at the distribution
of bathroom vs. restroom vs, washroom? The public area /signage/, e.g.,
malls and supermarkets, tends to point to restrooms--but that's more of
an artifact of what signs are available, as they tend to be standardized
for retail (although mall maps are more individualized). And corporate
managers hold keys, almost exclusively, to executive washrooms. But,
aside from that, there may be little regularity. (Please, pardon the
unintended pun.)

     VS-)