how is the prefix "ex" really spoken (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 30 01:30:28 UTC 2010

What about "extreme" "expect" extraordinary.  These would be "ks" not "gs", no?  But according to "law" should they not be "ks" but "gs" because they are followed by a stressed syllable (like ~egzzakt)?  Lots of exceptions to the "law", no?

Anyway, back to the topic.  I'll be changing the short i for "ex" to short e in the truespel conversion database.  That's the way it's done in USA as I hear it.  Hope that's agreeable to all.

As Jay Leno says ~egzzaktlee  or ~egzzaklee

see truespel.com phonetic spelling