"the apocryphal HDAS III" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Aug 2 17:38:10 UTC 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Behalf Of

----------------------
> -
> I've also, belatedly, just discovered the existence of David W.
Maurer, who
> seems to have published extensively on American slang from the early
30s on.
> Know his work at all?  I've flagged it to look at whenever I next get
near a
> decent library, and ordered _The Big Con_, the only one of his books
going
> at a price inside my range.

Maurer published a number of interesting articles in _American Speech_,
available through JSTOR (and through subscription to the current version
in the ADS, I believe).

His books build on his research articles.