Personal seedless watermelons

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Aug 29 14:41:28 UTC 2010

At 2:30 PM +0000 8/29/10, ronbutters at aol.com wrote:
>My Sunday Kroger newspaper inserts offers a special price for
>"Personal seedless watermelons"; does this seem weird to anyone but
>me?

Presumably the contrast isn't with impersonal ones, but with the
default family-size ones.  It might have been formed analogously with
personal pan pizzas, although the latter is intended for a
single-shot consumption by a random person, while perhaps the
personal watermelons are intended to last for a couple of sittings.

LH