handcrafted

Tue Dec 28 01:02:37 UTC 2010

Unless you mean "handcrafted" denotes made without tools, I have no trouble accepting that the 4 items listed could have, in fact, been handcrafted in 1952.  It may not have actually been so, but it is not beyond credible belief.  Even today, a cheap man's suit is still largely handcrafted.  Sure Ghia would have used stamps and presses to shape the carrozzeria, but producing a finish worthy of the Ghia name would have involved a lot of hand work, a lot of crafting by hand.  Same with the crystal and watch.

James D. SMITH               |If history teaches anything
South SLC, UT                |it is that we will be sued
jsmithjamessmith at yahoo.com   |whether we act quickly and
                                    decisively