2010 WOTY nominations open

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 28 01:27:27 UTC 2010

I've been aware of "lamestream media" since last year, but it hit Fox
really hard this year, what with Palin, Angle and O'Donnell, all of whom
favored the term.

Snowpocalypse made a comeback last night (you can check out an example
on TPM) as did snowmageddon. But a perfectly reasonable term from last
night's news (and something I noted to myself a couple of hours before
the broadcast)--thundersnow. The meaning is transparent, of course, and
it's not the most interesting (or new) formation, but here it is,
nonetheless.

     VS-)

PS: Thanks for the "garden path"--it was on the tip of my tongue, but I
simply could not come up with it...