language Web sites for student assignment

Randy Alexander strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 2 02:46:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Amy West <medievalist at w-sts.com> wrote:
> The next assignment that I'm giving my Comp. II (academic writing)
> class is a review. I'm gathering language-related Web sites to give
> them to write a review of. So far I've got:
>
> Visual Thesaurus
> Language Log
> Separated by a Common Language
> World Wide Words
> Do You Speak American?
> Web of Language
> A Way with Words
> Wordnik
> and
> Grammarphobia.com
>
> (I should add Dave Wilton's Word Origins site as well)

It seems you are mostly sticking with sites/blogs that mostly stick
with English.  Here are some other notable ones:

http://david-crystal.blogspot.com/
http://arnoldzwicky.wordpress.com/
http://english-jack.blogspot.com/
http://heideas.blogspot.com/

Many of these blogs have blogrolls that list other good ones.

--
Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China