arsenal = collection = store

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 2 15:44:58 UTC 2010

Perhaps I was being too sophisticated and conservative when I said "store."
The man was more likely to be thinking "collection."

There must be millions of Americans who are unfamiliar with the traditional
meaning of "arsenal" but who have read and heard it used figuratively in the
media.

"I'm adding dragon breath to my arsenal of super powers."

"The late Rudy Vallee now boasts hiphop skills in his entertainment
arsenal!"

(Ad hoc exx.)

JL