arsenal = collection = store

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 2 17:13:37 UTC 2010

I had a music partner who often used military (and firearm) imagery when
referring to music and its environs. In his case, however, he was well
versed in military history and, I'm sure, was speaking metaphorically when:

For example, if we were at a musical festival or some other venue and the
situation became somewhat hectic, he would say, "We're under combat
conditions, here."

Or, when we learned some new material and added it to our repertoire, he
would regularly say, "Yeah, we've got plenty of ammunition, now."

Eric