historical-present tense for literature

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Fri Feb 5 13:46:58 UTC 2010

Can it simply be the matter of these publications not following MLA
or CMS strictly, or of the influence of those academic styles waning
in the popular press because it is such an artifice? I'm going to be
going over this with my composition students next week and will be
pointing out that APA style does not follow this rule.

---Amy West