battle-immature

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 5 14:45:24 UTC 2010

In part. But only because "battle maturity" (a term used by Ernie Pyle and
possibly Semmerling's inspiration) is a necessity for fictional characters
in a 1999 movie if they are to complete the "hero's journey" mapped out for
them by Joseph Campbell in 1949 based on his schematizing of ancient myths.

Do you see why that's so important?

JL