Invading Pearl harbor

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 5 21:32:10 UTC 2010

Before anyone tries a "gotcha" in respect of phrases like "the invasion of
Normandy," etc., carried out by the good guys, I'd suggest that history has
protected such phrases.  The bureaucratic mind is always looking ahead, at
least when it comes to euphemisms.

Non-bureaucrats, of course, speak of the 2003 "invasion of Iraq" regardless
of their politics - though I suspect some feel some dissonance.

Just sayin'....

JL