Quote: In two words: im-possible (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 10 23:48:04 UTC 2010

I wonder if there is some influence here from Andújar's native (Dominican
Republic) Spanish. This is only a guess, but he may have originally been
thinking of some Spanish word that can refer either to a word or to a phrase
or expression.

I was thinking of "dicho". It normally refers to a saying or proverb, but my
daughter, whose Spanish was at one time quite fluent, speculates that the
expression "dicho y hecho", corresponding to the English idiom "word and
deed", might be at the root of this.

m a m