What is winter?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 19 15:18:34 UTC 2010

I like the "popular" breakdown for seasons better than the solstice breakdown.  It seems more reasonable according to temperatures.  But I've never seen it described as such in print before.  And I've never heard that "forecasters mostly define it" that way.

The problem now is when they say a season, what do they mean?  I'll assume solstice based.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/