Toyoda/Toyota (was: a wee predating of hotdog - if true - to circa 1870 )

Lisa Galvin lisagal23 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 25 17:03:35 UTC 2010

The Japanese character representing the last syllable of the name can have either pronunciation: "ta" or "da", in Japanese. Why one pronunciation was chosen over the other for the name vs. the company, I'm not sure.

Lisa