Carrying pole

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 27 03:33:07 UTC 2010

It's interesting that in Northern and Eastern Europe, there was a
traditional implement that was a carved yoke (don't know about the
rest of Europe). In other parts of the world, particularly in Asia, it
may well be a long stick or pole with a couple of notches. The latter
provides endless basic entertainment in martial arts films.

Just as a reflection, don't forget the "six-pack yoke"--hardly a term
that would have come up without the appropriate background
association.

VS-)