McWhorter on "Negro" [Was: on "Negro English"] (UNCLASSIFIED)

Steve Kl. stevekl at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 19 21:35:23 UTC 2010

To echo Salikoko, why would we turn to Swahili, or any other African
language, for that language's word for *black*?

That would be like turning to French, Finnish, or Czech to come up with the
English word for *white.*
*
*