'looks like'

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Mon Jul 5 23:05:22 UTC 2010

--

I suppose this "[it] looks like ..." is about the same as more frequent
"[it] seems like ..." in the same context. (I myself [a Northron] might

"Sometime" = "sometimes" is a recognized variant, I think. I see it in
the "Smoky Mountain English" dictionary, and I've heard it myself
(outside the Smokies). I don't know offhand exactly how one should
interpret the above "some time".

-- Doug Wilson