"Time flies ... like a banana" [Was: antedate hacker]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jul 29 21:19:40 UTC 2010

At 7/29/2010 04:57 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>Time flies, irrespective of one's having of fun.

I regret to inform you that my examination today of the papers of
Anthony (Tony) Oettinger at the Harvard University Archives did not
reveal the utterance "Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a
banana" in the course notes from his classes in mathematical
linguistics in the late 1950s.  The record still appears to be
Scientific American 215(3): 161 - 72 (1966).

Joel