evolving language

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 31 17:24:39 UTC 2010

 From today's headlines:

http://bit.ly/duYg0b
> "I think the term 'cap and trade' is not in the lexicon anymore,"
> Salazar said, adding that supporters -- including senators working on
> legislation -- will focus more on ideas such as slowing pollution,
> creating jobs and becoming energy independent. "It's in that context"
> the Senate will move forward, he said.

It sounds a lot like the Republican attempts to pull away from
"privatization" and "nuclear option" only a few years ago. Of course,
what happened with those two? Exactly nothing--both are not only still
in the lexicon but are part and parcel of political discourse ("nuclear
option" was repeatedly mentioned in connection with "reconciliation" on
HCR).

I don't expect "cap and trade" to go very far either...

     VS-)