kiddyprinting

Sat May 15 14:54:33 UTC 2010

My fngerprints have been on file with the FBI for 54 years next month and that thought has always troubled me whenever I have performed a criminal act without wearing rubber gloves. However, I have always been comforted to know that if I ever forget my name and wander off, the FBI will find me and return me to my hideout.

So much of what we committed ourselves to in youth turns out to have unexpected consequences.  Think of Leda and the swan she stirred to violent Lust--huh Mr Yeats?
------Original Message------
From: Amy West
Sender: ADS-L
To: ADS-L
ReplyTo: ADS-L
Subject: Re: [ADS-L] kiddyprinting
Sent: May 15, 2010 4:36 PM

On 5/15/10 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:
> Date:    Fri, 14 May 2010 16:31:45 -0400
> From:    victor steinbok<aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject: Re: kiddyprinting

<snip>

  I am
> not aware of any state anti-fingerprinting laws, but I am also unaware
> of any schools fingerprinting their students.
>
> VS-)

Not schools, but those "Child Safety" clinics where they will put
together an ID kit for you in case your child goes missing. The kit will
include a photograph and fingerprints.

I am evidently a bad mother who does not want her children back if they
go missing as I've never had this done.

Related to kiddyprinting is the requirement of school volunteers to
undergo a CORI check and this often includes fingerprinting. They don't
realize that this won't exclude the crooks/criminals who haven't been
caught yet. Yes, fingerprinting does have that association with
criminality for us USans as well: my husband was indignant about that
aspect of the CORI check.

--
---Amy West