Captured Same

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 18 04:42:46 UTC 2010

If the message is apocryphal (and I am not convinced that it is), why
are there several references suggesting that the allegedly sunk sub
was still in operation a few days later? [See my earlier message in
the thread with the 1977 book.] There might be some confusion between
the possibility that the message was inaccurate (sub sighted, but not
sunk) and the interpretation that the message was completely
fictitious (sub not sighted, message not sent).

VS-)