New Spelling System in Spanish

Federico Escobar federicoescobarcordoba at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 27 18:18:03 UTC 2010

FWIW, the reform of spelling in Spanish has now made it to the NYT:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/26/world/europe/26spanish.html<http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/26/world/europe/26spanish.html?_r=1>

A copy editing nightmare will be under way (unless of course the book is
ready by now and waiting for a mere wink): the New Orthography's 800 pages
will be debated and approved this weekend, and, if approved, they will be
out in stores by December 24th. From my experience in the field, a veritable
legion of copy editors and designers will be needed to get so much text in
shape in just a couple weeks.

F.