"Authentic pronunciation"

Sun Oct 3 17:20:44 UTC 2010

Joel,
Minnesota is reputed to speak quite distinctively, as the characters in the movies Fargo and North Country do.  Michiganders claim this (and often believe it to their souls), and so do northern Ohioans.  Wasn't a study done that said that the dialects with the least that was localized to them and the most shared with others (which would make them appear "neutral" were actually Northern Iowa for vocabulary and Southern Iowa for pronunciation.

Paul Johnston