antedating boondock (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 5 18:20:53 UTC 2010

A significant ex. of the Tagalog word in an American English context:

1914 Charles Elliott Currier _In the Early Days: Philippine Sketches_ (N.Y.:
Broadway Pub. Co.) 40: And the principal work was buryin' the dead
ones....And they planted some of 'em out in the _bondocs_, and the dogs an'
animals would dig 'em up.

JL