"A Quaker hates a parrot"

Puellaest puellaest at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 13 17:21:48 UTC 2010

Fox himself used the analogy for his belief that anyone could speak
with God and the current system was nothing more than the parishioners
repeating the words of the priest.

He wrote "and may not a parrot be taught to speak any language? and is
it not all what ye know, ye know naturally, that say, you have not the
same power and Spirit of God, and Holy Ghost as the apostles
had?" [1671, Fox's prison journal]

Sarah