Did with/did to (heard on NPR)

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 20 15:02:03 UTC 2010

  I believe, it was a voicemail, which Hill took to Brandeis security
because of ambiguously threatening content, which, in turn, took it to
the FBI.

As for with/to, it might be an attempt to say "what you did with his
nomination", and then just replacing "his nomination" with "him". Or
something like that... But the rough meaning would have to be "mess
with" for this to work.

Compare:

1. "What did you do to my car?!"
2. "What did you do with my car?!"

The "normal" meaning of "did with" =="perform a trick" would not work
here. I would never say 2., but I can think of a number of people who
would (and not just in the Midwest).

     VS-)