antedating "service revolver" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 28 16:10:56 UTC 2010

GB reveals a "Pistol, Sea service" as early as 1841. There may well be
something even earlier for "service pistol."

"Revolver," of course, was originally short for "revolving pistol."

JL