Quote: Writing about music is like dancing about architecture (attrib Martin Mull 1979 Oct)

Fri Oct 29 23:54:21 UTC 2010

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture

It's deja vu all over again. I posted about the quote above a few days
ago. Now, further progress has been made. The 1980 article in Black
Music and Jazz Review was a rewritten version of an earlier article by
the same author in Time Barrier Express, a rock and roll history
magazine. Here is an attribution for the quote to Martin Mull about
ten months earlier:

Cite: 1979 September-October, Time Barrier Express, Page 25, Issue
Number 26, Volume 3, Number 6, Yonkers, N.Y. (Verified with image
scans from Bowling Green State University)

It's so hard to explain on paper, you'll just have to find the records
and listen for yourself (because I truly believe — honest — that
writing about music is, as Martin Mull put it, like dancing about
architecture).

A kind music librarian at Bowling Green State University helped me to
verify this citation.
Garson