The plural of "moose" is ...

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 2 01:38:12 UTC 2010

And names of ethnic groups.  Terrence Kaufman argues in his chapter on
North American languages in the Atlas of the World's Languages that an
ethnonym should be a plural when referring to the people rather than
the language, so, the Southern Paiutes, not the Southern Paiute.   I
don't know if this is a strictly American usage.  In African studies
it's common to refer to peoples as the Yoruba, the Hausa, the Mende,
etc.  With Bantu languages the plural prefix is often used, as in the
BaGanda, WaSwahili, etc., but the Xhosa or the Shona are also widely
used.

Herb