The plural of "moose" is ...

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 1 20:22:40 UTC 2010

And fish.

Relatedly, small fruits and vegetables of which one would be too small a
portion: berries, beans*, peas (originally a mass noun "pease"), and so on.

*  including lima beans and string beans, which are countable, as well as
baked beans, which swim in their own glop and are less clearly so

 - "More peas/beans, please."

 - "How (much/*many)?  (
 - "Is this enough? / * Are these enough?)"

-- where the stars indicate unacceptability; let someone else decide whether
to call the issue a grammatical one.

m a m