plug-in

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 3 22:49:56 UTC 2010

  We just bought a Toshiba laptop his week, so when I saw an article on
Toshiba laptop recall, I dug right in. The recall is for a different set
of models (Satellite T135, Satellite T135D and Satellite ProT130, if
you've got one of those), but there was an interesting phrasing in the
article:

http://bit.ly/a8gU9x
> The notebook computers can overheat at the notebook's plug-in to the
> AC adapter, posing a burn hazard to consumers.

The phrasing apparently comes from the Toshiba recall notice.

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to imagine what a "notebook's plug-in
to the AC adapter" would look like. Closest I can get is that they are
talking about the jack for the AC adapter connection. Not sure if
someone just goofed a Japanese-to-English translation or if this is
actually some sort of tech talk at Toshiba marketing. If you think you
know what they meant, please feel free to explain.

     VS-)