Chomskian linguistics and human uniqueness

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 10 14:59:16 UTC 2010

What precisely does the dramatic metaphor "hard-wired" mean in this context
anyway?  It would seem to denote, logically, only a genetic capacity
expressed through processes within the brain, but it seems to be invested
with all sorts of elusive connotations.

Or is it just another successful public-relations term that I'm reading too
much into?

JL