TIME quoting Putin

Rick Barr rickbarremail at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 11 19:59:11 UTC 2010

Wilson wrote:

> Amongst the colored, _go_ is preferred over _beat_ and NP('s) to _the_,
e.g.

> "And then John go(es) upside Bill('s) head [with a two-by-four]."

The same goes for Stephen King. In his memoir/writing craft book, called *On
Writing*, he uses "go upside the head" twice:

"She would hug me, tickle me, get me laughing, and then, still laughing, go
upside my head hard enough to knock me down."
"Eulah-Beulah laughed, then went upside my head [...]".

He also uses it with "smack:

"[...] I'll smack myself upside the head with the heel of my palm [...]".

I wanted to say what page numbers these are on, but this my first book on
the Kindle system, and I'd have to quote three- and four-digit locations
(here they are anyway: 126, 196, and 2613). How *do* you quote pages from
one of those books? Maybe Paul's expertise with the Kindle could help.

-- Rick