better with each passing day (UNCLASSIFIED)

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 14 19:38:27 UTC 2010

This list is pathetic--not that I've seen every one of these but it
cuts off in 1961 and there are PLENTY of 1930s, 40s and 50s sci-fi and
other films that are absolutely pathetic. No Ed Wood on the list (Plan
9 From Outer Space--http://goo.gl/PN3S), no Pia Zadora (OK, this is
1964, 8yo--Santa Claus Conquers the Martians--http://goo.gl/lWS2), no
cardboard robots (Robot Monster--http://goo.gl/gOnu), no flying
saucers crashing into the Capitol (Earth vs. the Flying
Saucers--http://goo.gl/jbBe--original prototype for Independence Day).
We don't get to see all the bad films of those periods because they
are well hidden (or destroyed in various Hollywood fires). But these
make sci-fi circuits every year not because they are any good, but
because they are so awful they make people laugh.

Just goes to show that the American public is inept in voting not just
for political candidates...

It's actually a bit more complicated, as it's based on on-site voting,
so it's a self-selected list--those who feel strongly will vote, but
most people who are completely disgusted by something will ignore it.
And the record of non-English language films, particularly those that
were never released abroad, is incomplete. I can think of a few
Russian, Polish and East German films that should have made the list.

VS-)