of cat-heads and catenaries

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 17 01:12:03 UTC 2010

Where in "Wiki" or elsewhere did you see this suggestion? It's not in OED or
MWOL, nor in the English
Wiktionary<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cat_o%27_nine_tails>*
or Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat-o%27-nine-tails>. And in any
case the modern German form would be "Katzenkopf", with a "tz".

m a m

* Wiktionary etymology: "From cat + of + nine + tails"

There is a suggestion that the name "cat-head" for the anchor beams