"... a wry _smurk_ came over his face ..."

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 5 23:51:47 UTC 2011

My neighbor, Dennis Ryan of Oshkosh, drolly employed "gnurd" as a substitute
for "nerd" whenever possible in the long-ago of 1974-75.

Victor is only the second person in my experience to do this; thus, no HDAS
entry for "gnurd."

Like Dennis, I trust that Victor pronounces the "g."

JL