in double French

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Apr 25 15:02:03 UTC 2011

Class double the length of the usual class?  (My guess.)  Or second
year class?  Or an advanced class in which all conversation is to be in French?

The first hit in GBooks (for me) is:

"Double French [chapter title]

"This is hell," whispered Dennis. "Shush," said Lisa. "You didn't
tell me you had French today. "I forgot." "You forgot?" said
Dennis.  "Shush. And actually, it's double French." Double French?"
"Bonjour, la classe," said Miss Windsor loudly as she entered. Dennis
prayed she wouldn't recognize him ..."

 From "The Boy in the Dress", David Williams, 2009.  Page 13.  Preview.

Joel