tornado advisory terms

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 28 15:48:03 UTC 2011

Up in NJ, a tornado warning means a tornado, or at least the
indication of one on radar.

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=phi&wwa=tornado%20warning

AT 1133 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO
INDICATE A TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR CHESTER...OR 11
MILES WEST OF MORRISTOWN...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 50 MPH.

DanG