another "reversal"

James A. Landau <JJJRLandau@netscape.com> JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Fri Apr 29 16:06:48 UTC 2011

Somewhat related: an article recently in the Philadelphia Inquirer (I failed to keep a copy so I'm quoting from memory) said that a composer's bashful manner "belies" the strength of her music.

As I read it, this says that one should ignore the strength and force of the woman's music because of her bashful manner, which is the opposite of what the story was saying.

Perhaps I am being too picky, but I expect music critics to be more highly literate than the average print journalist.

    - Jim Landau