guesstimate (was Paul Harvey and language)

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 3 19:22:01 UTC 2011

If you do a basic search, the noun significantly outnumbers the verb,
but it does not mean exclusivity.

3/18/11
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/18/google-guesstimates-release-dates-for-movies-and-games/
>> Google guesstimates release dates for movies and games

6/24/11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIrnvqK50Cs
>>   Group of Doctors Guesstimates High Level of Radiation Exposure - Fukushima Meltdowns

And "tap that ass" _has_ now become a throw-away phrase in _cable_
prime-time shows--even non-premium cable. I don't think I've watched a
first-run network prime-time show in about 6 years (OK, I do watch
occasional syndicated reruns or DVD versions), except perhaps for a
handful of episodes of Fringe and Lie To Me two years ago (the latter
having been put out of its misery very quickly and the former lasting
far too long).

VS-)