narrative; graphic

Wed Aug 3 22:59:28 UTC 2011

Jonathan Lighter wrote
> Tea Party theorist Dana Loesch on CNN today:
>
> "There are also three credit agencies that have already downgraded our
> credit rating. But you never hear about it because it's not part of the
> narrative. [The downgrades were] based on [Obama's] big spending."

Here is a similar example, in my opinion, that uses the phrase "not
part of the great narrative" in 1994.

New York Times
CHILDREN'S BOOKS; The New History: Showing Children the Dark Side
By Martha Saxton
Published: November 13, 1994

http://goo.gl/4PahY
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/13/books/children-s-books-the-new-history-showing-children-the-dark-side.html

As long as women and blacks, American Indians, Asian-Americans and
others were not part of history, then what white men did to them was
not part of the great narrative of the nation. Now that all of our
pasts figure in our history, however, tragedy is never too distant and
celebration must share its place with reconciliation in the stories we
teach.