narrative; graphic

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 4 14:02:49 UTC 2011

Garson, my feeling is that that's a transitional case. In other words, in
1994 no one would have noticed it. That "great narrative" I take to mean the
"grand story," even if biased.  And it refers chiefly to the past.

In current usage, "their narrative" or "the narrative" usually refers to
some cynical, partisan version of events, including events current and
hoped-for. It's more like, "the half-truths they're feeding the suckers."

JL