"gink"?

Wed Aug 31 16:32:55 UTC 2011

The link below points to a book in GB titled "English far and wide: a
festschrift for Inna Koskenniemi …" The word chink is used instead of
gink, and the annotation [money] is given. The snippet GB displays
shows the relevant text.

His mill I rattled round, I ground his grits [millstones] so clean;
I eased him of his chink [money] in gathering broom so green.

http://books.google.com/books?id=AkYRAQAAMAAJ&q=chink#search_anchor

The GB book "Sing out, Volume 38" also uses chink and says that "chink
is money."

http://books.google.com/books?id=lY8JAQAAMAAJ&q=%22his+chink%22#search_anchor
http://books.google.com/books?id=lY8JAQAAMAAJ&q=chink#search_anchor

I make no claims about the quality of information in these books.