bracketology, braces, etc.

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Dec 21 15:37:16 UTC 2011

On Dec 21, 2011, at 2:39 AM, Victor Steinbok wrote:

> Bracketology appears to have been last mentioned here by LHorn on 13 Mar
> 2005 20:56:41. But the expression has since gone outside
> basketball--it's been seen and heard with respect to any playoffs or
> elimination-style tournaments, including, for example, tennis. But it
> need not be limited to sports.

For aficionados (or those who would like to become one), I highly recommend _American Bracketology: The Final Four of Everything Red, White, and Blue_ by Mark Reiter and Richard Sandomir:
http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=3558787
It makes a great present (although you'll have to spring for Amazon's expedited shipping if you're aiming for this Christmas).

LH