lolcat bible

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 20 16:33:05 UTC 2011

I wonder if lolspeak is like the new UK nonsense word program

18 February 2011 Last updated at 21:21 ET
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12509477
Reading test for six-year-olds to include non-words
By Hannah Richardson BBC News education reporter

Children who easily learn to read have often been read to from an early age
A number of made-up words such as "koob" or "zort" are to be included in the government's planned new reading test for six-year-olds in England.  The idea has drawn criticism from literary experts who say the approach will confuse those beginning to read.

I would criticize it as well because although the idea is good. the implementation is bad.  What needs to be established is a phonetic standard in regular English spelling form.  Truespel is such a standard.  It's the only English based phonetic notation in regular letters with stress indicated and with regular capitalization and punctuation rules.  Kids using it can read and write phonetically in 1st grade (see IBM's Writing to Read" tests for 100,000 kids in the 80's.  The phonetics does not go away.  It is usable in dictionaries (treuspel book 3) and translation guides (examples in truespel book 1).

Finally a chance to integrate these disciplines under a reasonable standard.  This must be done.

Tom Zurinskas, creator of truespel.
See the free US English-based phonetic converter for URLs and text  at truespel.com