zzz? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tue Feb 22 16:23:46 UTC 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

It might be worth looking through a collection of comics by Winsor
McCay.  Two of his most prominent strips, "Little Nemo in Slumberland"
and "Dreams of a Rarebit Fiend", are essentially graphic representations
of dreams.  In each, the title character goes to sleep, dreams, and
wakes up.  The first and last panels of each strip would be targets for
searching for "ZZZZ".

A well-stocked public library would likely have a book or two about
McCay.  And even if it doesn't prove useful to your research, you'll get
to see some of the best graphic art of the early 20th century.