lolcat bible (UNCLASSIFIED)

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Feb 23 13:11:34 UTC 2011

On 2/23/11 12:02 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:
> Date:    Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:28:11 -0600
> From:    "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC"<Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject: Re: lolcat bible (UNCLASSIFIED)

This came to mind the other day as my almost 15-year-old and his friend
were in the study playing on the computer and really annoyingly speaking
in lolcats (while I was working at my machine).

Is anyone using lolcats as an example of a dialect in courses/academic
study? It occurred to me that it might be/become an "interesting" way
for discussing dialect. Or pidgins? Will it undergo creolization?

(Should I even suggest it as a possible research topic for my Comp. II
class for their research papers? I have them write on
language/linguistic topics.)

--
---Amy West