Shame on the New York Times

Judy Prince jbalizsprince at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 26 18:01:21 UTC 2011

Good idea, Joel.

I just posted this comment to NYT's Ben Zimmer Language column:

"In the age of Twitter and text messages, your column about language and its
nuances was a much-needed antidote. Should we launch a Facebook campaign to
bring it back?"

Good one, Jan.
I don't do FB, but like Jan and other commenters, I respect words and their
histories and have a love-hate relationship with e-technology. Ben's witty,
informing columns have pushed the word-respect and e-tech mountains closer
to each other and within our reach----wordplay high on e-tech creativity.
What's not to like?

Keep Ben Zimmer and the Language column!! Shaksper would approve!!

Best,

Judy